Thursday, October 8, 2015

What is Hypnosis?

When people find out I'm a hypnotist I usually get a question which goes something - "So what is hypnosis?"

People are interested in finding out how it works and if it can help them. For sure people are skeptics - and they have a right to be. After all Hollywood's portrayal of hypnosis tends to be dark and sinister, and then there is stage hypnosis with it's entertainment focus - and generally making people look silly or vulnerable.

Therapeutic hypnosis is a different animal though.

In explaining what hypnosis is all about and how it works there is a need to explain some basics of the minds working - as we know it today. We are still learning about how our own mind works, and is it fascinating!

Most people know there is a conscious mind and a subconscious mind - also known as unconscious mind - I prefer to use the term subconscious.

Hypnosis works on our subconscious mind which is where all the good stuff is stored - but it also stores bad stuff. Memories, habits, blueprints, patterns, and... wait up there Erika I hear you shout!!! I get the memories and maybe habits, but blueprints and patterns? What's that all about?

Hang in there with me.

I've written a series of articles to cover all the basic topics but today I want to introduce you to the first in the series - "What is Hypnosis."

It's a long article but will give you a good grounding in the basics of hypnosis. It's my preparation before we get into blueprints and patterns which is where I'll explain how you can use hypnosis to make significant changes in your life to achieve the life you desire for yourself.

Big claims I know.

But the fact is the only thing stopping you getting what you want in life is you. But you've heard this before and most likely still stuck in the same place. So you need more than a statement it's YOU and looking for some guidance and instructions right?

As they say - you've come to the right place. But we have some level-setting to do around concepts.

Here is the link to the article What is Hypnosis >>>

Please let me know how you enjoyed the article and how I could make it better for you.

My next post here will introduce the concept of "blueprints."

Erika Slater CH
Director
Free At Last Hypnosis




No comments:

Post a Comment